Mar 29, 2014

I can't focus - but I can do Focus T25

   It's a typical Saturday afternoon. I've been doing typical Saturday stuff: cleaning, cooking, laundry, changing sheets, cleaning out cabinets, checking in with my Challengers on FB, posting on my FB Page, cleaning out my refrigerator.
   You know what I realized?   I realized that I cannot focus on one thing for more than 40 minutes TOPS! My attention span to a task at hand is horrible. I mean to get one thing done before I move on but I physically can't. I have the attention span of a toaster.  Every blog article I read, I am told that I should finish a room before I move on to another. Yeah, right!!!! Not me!

I can't focus, scatterbrain, 21 day fix, work out, fitness, Beachbody, challenge, motivation, project fit you

If you saw my house throughout the day, it appears that no progress is made.  You can't tell which room I cleaned, vacuumed, and dusted.  You can't tell which laundry is going down to the basement to be washed and which has to be folded.  You also probably couldn't walk through my kitchen because I decided to empty out my cabinets, sort of a Spring Cleaning spur of the moment kind of thing.  I have so much junk in there that to find anything takes a good ten minutes!  My husband, who is more than willing to help, takes no part in this craziness because to his practical, organized mind, my mess, chaos or "a tornado went through this house" look of each room puts him in a frenzy.  He doesn't understand how I get anything done but praises me on a job well done at the end of the day.

And then I realized something else!

I realized that the reason I absolutely LOVE the Beachbody workouts is because they are made for people like me.

21 day fix, work out, fitness, Beachbody, challenge, motivation, project fit youHere's why:

1)  They are short. While some workouts are a bit longer, the ones that I chose are 30 minutes. The 21 Day Fix is 30 minutes.  Focus T25, as the name suggests, is 25 minutes.

2)  They are NOT the same workouts every day.  Both of the above mentioned fitness programs focus on different areas of your body each day.  There's a cardio day, "arm day", "leg day", stretch day, Pilates, yoga, etc.  The workouts alternate which is GOOD for me.  I don't get bored.  I look forward to each workout because I haven't seen it in at least a week!. Can't get bored.

3)  Each workout video has different routines within the 30 minutes.  There are sets of exercises usually a minute long. I CAN do a minute.  There's modifiers, and there are people you can follow that challenge you. There is also a calendar which tells me what to do on a particular day.

4) There's a little timer on the screen that tells you exactly how much time is left for each exercise.  See? Isn't that great? Now, every time I do an exercise, I know how much time I have left, I can focus on this goal.

21 day fix, work out, fitness, Beachbody, challenge, motivation, project fit you5)  The equipment used in the videos changes as well. In the 21 day fix, you are able to use light or heavy weights.  It changes it up for me so that I don't get bored with the light ones.  I can challenge myself but I can also go back to the lighter ones if I can't handle the heavy.

6)  The trainers "interact" with me.  They motivate me, tell me how much time is left. They tell me to push forward, not to stop. I need that. I would give up way to easily if I had to do it on my own.


7) MEAL PLANS - Have you ever tried to create a meal plan for a week only to find yourself two hours later without one?  Happens to me too. I'll search, and search and then search some more. One website leads to another and I just wasted 2 hours away.  We ended up getting pizza and Chinese a lot.  Not anymore.  The plans that are included in the fitness programs are flawless. I am told exactly what to eat, how much and when.

In case you're wondering... Yes... I had to walk away from this blog article a couple of times. I needed to take a break and come back to it. It's ok though. I get things done. I have figured out that I can handle a half an hour at a time. And that works for me.
Autumn Calabrese 10 - Minute Fix for abs from beachbody.
The 10 Minute Fix for Abs is PERFECT!

If you are interested in any of the programs I talked about in the above article, please check out this  LINK.


If you would like to find out about  any of my Challenge Groups, <----- click="" here.="" p="">If you would like to join any of my Challenge Groups, please click on this LINK.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I ♥ comments!